Join a young, dynamic and high achieving team! Located in Biocant Park, a leading Biotechnology industrial park in central Portugal, Exogenus Therapeutics is a startup developing early stage exosome-based therapies.
We are hiring an R&D and Innovation Associate to lead the development of a new product pipeline for the treatment of Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases (ADs), bringing to life the company’s vision of developing breakthrough therapies that become real treatment options for patients. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help design the company’s strategy in this new therapeutic area. The company offers flexible working conditions and opportunities to participate in training organized by the European Commission, and leading international conferences in the exosome and/or Inflammatory and AD’s area.
- Have a PhD (or equivalent);
- At the time of recruitment, must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal for more than 12 months during the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. (As per the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions).
- Have relevant experience in Immunology, Inflammation, or other related field
- Have experience in planning and implementing Proof-of-Concept (POC) studies in vitro and in vivo, and a strong understanding of the development steps necessary to launch a new medicine
Additional valued skills:
- Experience in the development of biologic therapeutics, acquired in the context of SME or Pharma industry
- Strong commercial acumen
- Stakeholder management and leadership skills
The role reports directly to the Executive Director/ Chief Scientific Officer and will work closely with other elements of the management team. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- supporting the decision of which Inflammatory or ADs to follow as a therapeutic area, based on the products’ Mode of Action and Market Opportunities;
- designing and implementing meaningful POC studies that can demonstrate the desired therapeutic potential;
- supporting in the design of future POC in humans
Job offer details
Location: Cantanhede, Portugal
Contract duration: 12 months (temporary contract, eventually renewable)
Latest start date: 30 December 2019
Salary package in line with qualification and experience (up to €60k gross annual salary) + relocation package
We are keen to talk to motivated candidates wanting to make a difference so don’t be put off by the “ideal candidate profile” and reach out!
Applications until 30 November 2019 to email@example.com.