Exogenus Therapeutics is recruiting for the position of R&D and Innovation Strategy Director for Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases (ADs). The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director/ Chief Scientific Officer and work closely with the management team. He/she will be responsible for defining the company R&D and Innovation strategy for the development of products for Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases, and design and implement the defined development plan. The ideal candidate must have a PhD in Immunology or other related field and demonstrated experience in the development of biologic therapeutics for Inflammatory or Autoimmune Diseases, ideally acquired within pharma or Biotech SMEs. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the development steps of a new therapy and experience in Inflammatory or AD. Strong commercial acumen, stakeholder management and leadership skills will be valued. The mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) must apply to all applications.
An R&D and Innovation Director for Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases is sought to integrate Exogenus Therapeutics, a startup developing early stage exosome-based therapies. Joining a young, dynamic and high achieving team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help design the company’s strategy in a new therapeutic area. The R&D and Innovation Director for Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases will lead the development of a new product pipeline for the treatment of these disease, bringing to life the company’s vision of developing breakthrough therapies that become real treatment options for patients. Exogenus aims to develop products which increase the tolerance and reduce the auto-reactivity of the immune system, without radically suppressing its main protection functions, consequently reducing secondary side effects.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- supporting the decision of which inflammatory or ADs to follow as a therapeutic area, based on the products’ Mode of Action and Market Opportunities;
- designing and implementing meaningful Proof-of-Concept (POC) studies that can demonstrate the desired therapeutic potential;
- developing strong Target Product Profiles, to meet the needs of the selected Inflammatory or ADs and the new markets;
- building development roadmaps for up to three products for Inflammatory or ADs;
- supporting the design of a new Innovation Project proposal to achieve the POC in humans for one selected Inflammatory or AD.
The role reports directly to the Executive Director/ Chief Scientific Officer and will work closely with the management team. The ideal candidate must have a PhD in Immunology or other related field and demonstrated experience in the development of biologic therapeutics for Inflammatory or Autoimmune Diseases, including the planning and implementation of Proof-of-Concept (POC) in vitro and in vivo experiments. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the development steps of a new therapy and experience in Inflammatory or AD. Strong commercial acumen, stakeholder management and leadership skills will be valued.
Located in Biocant Park, a leading Biotechnology industrial park in central Portugal, the company offers flexible working conditions and opportunities to participate in leading international conferences in the exosome and/or Inflammatory and AD’s area.
Location: Cantanhede, Portugal
Contract duration: 12 months, full-time (temporary contract, renewable)
Latest start date: December 2019
Salary package in line with qualification and experience (up to €60k/ gross annual salary) + relocation package
- PhD holder (or equivalent);
- Expertise in line with the job requirements as outlined in the vacancy notice;
- At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for no more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. (As per the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions).
This job is funded through H2020 SME Innovation Associate Programme.
Applications until 31 October 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.